Recent Wikimedia blog posts
- The Winner of Wiki Loves Monuments 2013 Is…: 1st prize winner: Picture of a locomotive with a push-pull train crossing the monumental Wiesener Viaduct over the Landwasser river in Graubünden, Switzerland. Guest post by Lodewijk Gelauff. Y...
Lodewijk Gelauff, December 11, 2013
- Language Engineering Events – Language Summit, Fall 2013: The Wikimedia Language Engineering team, along with Red Hat, organised the Fall edition of the Open Source Language Summit in Pune, India on November 18 and 19, 2013. Members from the Language Engi...
Runa Bhattacharjee, December 10, 2013
- Egyptian students help narrow gender gap on Wikipedia: This post is available in 2 languages: العربية • English In English Fewer than 15% of Wikipedia editors around the world are female and the coverage of articles about women on Wikipedia...
Samir El-Sharbaty, December 9, 2013
- Wikimedia engineering report, November 2013: Major news in November include: Beta Features, a new way for users to try out new features on Wikipedia and other Wikimedia sites before they are released for everyone; The launch of our search for...
Guillaume Paumier, December 9, 2013
- What I Iearned at the Europeana Fashion Edit-a-thon 2013: Students from University of Padua and IUAV Venice during the Europeana Fashion Editathon in Stra. Photo by Niccolò Caranti. There I was, at Rossimoda Shoe Museum in Villa Foscarini Ross...
Virginia Gentilini, December 6, 2013
We need help
changing the world.
at the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via PayPal, MoneyBookers, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
The Annual Report
showcases the Wikimedia Foundation's 2011–12 accomplishments.
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The Annual Plan documents the Foundation's 2013–14 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
The Strategic Plan
details the Wikimedia Foundation's targets and priorities through 2015.
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.