Job openings/Mobile Partner Development Technical Manager
Mobile Partner Development Technical Manager
Head of Mobile and Business Development
Are you passionate about Wikipedia? Mobile? We want you to help us enable our partners to make Wikipedia available to every single person on the planet. The core purpose of this job is to drive and manage technical aspects of relationships that the Wikimedia Foundation has with mobile business partners to extend reach and create better user experiences. You will lead deployments, optimize implementations and integrations, drive new opportunities, and manage the overall technical aspects to build strong, successful, long-term partnerships.
- Build and manage scalable partner programs to drive broad adoption of Wikipedia mobile
- Participate in regular project meetings with various business partners taking the lead on technical issues
- Work with business partners and Wikimedia's engineering team to assess and prioritize technical requirements
- Own and maintain the projects lists, managing open issues and working cross-functionally with internal departments to determine remedies as necessary
- Update documentation and workflows continuously
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept fully informed of project status and progress
- BA/BS preferred in a technical field with a strong academic record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Organizational skills and process oriented
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional technical projects
- Focused mobile product knowledge; understands and leads development of business processes, products and metrics
- Capable of independently solving technical problems and able to communicate effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Experience working on content partnerships with mobile operators and with key mobile platforms (Android, iOS, lower end platforms, SMS)
- Previous work in supporting public facing web services; preferably through API's (Application programming interfaces) a plus
- Ability to travel periodically and flex work schedule to accommodate relationship management with partners around the globe
- The ideal candidate will be technology-centric; familiarity with high traffic websites running on open source software
- Experience working in global markets.
- Experience with wikis and participatory production environments is a plus.
- Understanding of the free culture movement is a plus.
- Experience working with volunteers a plus.
- Able to operate effectively in multiple cultural and technical contexts.
- Must be comfortable in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
Please include a cover letter to your application. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Local San Francisco, CA candidates are preferred though remote candidates may be considered.