From the Wikimedia Foundation
< Press releases
Revision as of 12:12, 4 March 2010 by Cbrown1023 (Only include until 20 August 2009 (to keep the page more balanced until we get more 2010 press releases))
- Wikimedia Foundation Appoints Craig Newmark to its Advisory Board
- 13 November 2009 Craigslist.org founder to share customer service and public service experience in support of Wikipedia.
- Sixth Annual Campaign to Protect Wikipedia Kicks Off
- 10 November 2009 Wikimedia Foundation invites readers, editors and contributors to show support and help raise over $7.5 million.
- Wikimedia and comScore partner to improve understanding of the reach and impact of free knowledge on the Web
- 3 November 2009 Digital market intelligence leader expands Wikimedia’s global user research horizon.
- Wikimedia Foundation Announces New Appointments to Board of Trustees at Wikimania in Buenos Aires
- 25 August 2009 Appointments confirm recent community elections and formalize new roles for members.
- Omidyar Network Commits $2 Million Grant to Wikimedia Foundation
- 25 August 2009 Grant brings financial and human capital support from Omidyar Network.
- Wikimania 2009 kicks off this week in Buenos Aires
- 24 August 2009 Fifth annual conference takes place August 26, 27, 28, 2009.
- Wikimedia Foundation receives $500,000 in operational support from Hewlett Foundation
- 20 August 2009 The Wikimedia Foundation has received a $500,000 grant from The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation to expand its work bringing free educational content to everyone on the planet.
- ¡Viva Wikimanía! ¡Buenos Aires los espera! / Buenos Aires awaits you!
- 20 July 2009 Media registration is now open for Wikimania 2009 in Buenos Aires.
- NIH and Wikimedia Foundation Collaborate to Improve Online Health Information
- 14 July 2009 Organizations are joining forces to make health and science information more accessible and reliable.
- Ford Foundation Grant to support Wikimedia Commons
- 1 July 2009 $300,000 will empower individuals around the world to share educational photos, illustrations, videos, and sound.
- Wikimedia Selects Green Data Center EvoSwitch as Internet HUB for Europe
- 22 June 2009 Evoswitch generously supports reach and access to the Wikimedia projects by providing data center space.
- Wikimedia Foundation announces important licensing change for Wikipedia and its sister projects
- 21 May 2009 Adoption of Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License will support greater interoperability and re-usability of Wikimedia content. The current GNU Free Documentation License will continue to be supported.
- Orange forms world’s first mobile and internet partnership with the Wikimedia Foundation
- 22 April 2009 Orange and the Wikimedia Foundation announced a wide-ranging strategic partnership designed to mutually benefit each organization’s users by extending the way people can access free knowledge.
- Roger McNamee to Become Wikimedia Advisor
- 13 January 2009 Media and entertainment investment pioneer joins non-profit's Advisory Board.
- Wikipedia fundraising campaign surpasses $6 million USD goal
- 2 January 2009 Over 125,000 donors worldwide show their support for the non-profit encyclopedia.