From the Wikimedia Foundation
< Press releases
- Seventh Annual Campaign to Support Wikipedia Kicks Off
- 15 November 2010 The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF), the non-profit behind Wikipedia, today announced the launch of its annual fundraising campaign.
- Wikimedia Foundation announces changes to Board of Trustees
- 9 July 2010 Today, at the sixth annual Wikimania Conference, the Wikimedia Foundation announced important changes to the Board of Trustees.
- Zack Exley and Barry Newstead join the Wikimedia Foundation executive management team
- 10 June 2010 Barry Newstead joins as Chief Global Development Officer (CGDO), and Zack Exley joins as Chief Community Officer (CCO). The new positions fill out Wikimedia's senior team as it prepares to launch its new strategy, which calls for growing readership and new editors, particularly in the Global South.
- Wikimedia Foundation will engage academic experts and students to improve public policy information on Wikipedia
- 11 May 2010 A new project designed to improve the quality of public policy-related articles on Wikipedia has been announced. It is the first time the Wikimedia Foundation has launched a project designed to systematically increase the quality of articles in a particular topic area.
- Wikimedia Foundation Appoints Jing Wang and Mimi Ito to its Advisory Board
- 11 May 2010 The Wikimedia Foundation announced the appointment of two new members to its Advisory Board, Mimi Ito and Jing Wang. Mimi Ito is a cultural anthropologist and Jing Wang is an author and professor of Chinese cultural studies.
- Indian Journalist and film-maker Bishakha Datta joins Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
- 5 April 2010 The Wikimedia Foundation today announced that Indian journalist, filmmaker and non-profit leader Bishakha Datta has joined its Board of Trustees.
- Wikimedia Foundation announces $2 million grant from Google
- 17 February 2010 Donation will support capacity investments in Wikipedia and other free knowledge projects.
- Telefónica and Wikimedia Foundation Partner to Advance Learning and Increase Access to Free Knowledge
- 1 February 2010 Strategic partnership will improve access to Wikimedia educational and informational content in Latin America and Europe.
- Wikimedia Foundation Hires Danese Cooper as Chief Technical Officer
- 28 January 2010 The Wikimedia Foundation today announced that it has hired open source evangelist and experienced technology manager Danese Cooper as CTO.
- Wikipedia Annual Fundraiser Goal Supported by Record Number of Donors
- 5 January 2010 Over $8 Million USD Raised by 230,000 donors in Campaign to Protect Wikipedia.