From the Wikimedia Foundation
- Wikimedia Foundation Announces 2012-13 Board of Trustees and Elected Officers at Wikimania in Washington DC
- 12 July 2012 The Wikimedia Foundation today announced recent appointments and elected officers for the 2012-13 Board of Trustees. Every year at Wikimania, the annual gathering of Wikimedia contributors from around the world, the Wikimedia Board appoints its officers for the coming year, and this year’s appointments were announced in Washington, DC.
- Wikimania, the global Wikimedia/Wikipedia conference, comes to Washington, DC, July 12-14, 2012
- 30 May 2012 Wikimania is the premier annual, international gathering of the Wikimedia community, including experts, academics, and enthusiasts whose vision is to empower people around the world through free access to global knowledge.
- Telenor and the Wikimedia Foundation partner to offer Wikipedia free to mobile customers in Asia and Southeastern Europe.
- 28 February 2012 Up to 135 million Telenor customers in Asia and Southeastern Europe with mobile access can access Wikipedia without incurring data charges.
- Orange and the Wikimedia Foundation partner to offer Wikipedia in Africa and the Middle East at no extra cost
- 24 January 2012 More than 70 million Orange customers in Africa and the Middle East (AMEA) with mobile access can access Wikipedia with no data charges.
- Statement from the Wikimedia Foundation regarding developments in Washington on SOPA and PIPA
- 20 January 2012 Comments from Sue Gardner in response to developments in Washington this morning.
- Wikipedia blackout affirms overwhelming support for free and open Internet
- 18 January 2012 Millions “Imagine a World Without Free Knowledge” and act to oppose SOPA/PIPA.
- English Wikipedia to go dark January 18 in opposition to SOPA/PIPA
- 16 January 2012 The Wikipedia community has chosen to protest against proposed legislation in the United States — the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the U.S. House of Representatives, and PROTECTIP (PIPA) in the U.S. Senate.
- Wikimedia Foundation Rings In New Year With Record-breaking Fundraiser
- 2 January 2012 This year's annual campaign raised a record-breaking USD 20 million from more than one million donors in nearly every country in the world.