|In other languages||English • العربية • čeština • Cymraeg • dansk • Deutsch • English • español • suomi • français • עברית • magyar • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 日本語 • македонски • മലയാളം • Nederlands • português • română • русский • slovenščina • shqip • svenska • ไทย • Türkçe • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体）|
The Wikimedia Foundation donation website is extremely secure and powered by Verisign Trusted. After clicking a banner or following a donation link, the page you're taken to is on a secured site (https); all information is encrypted and handled following the highest standard of data protection.
We're sorry that we're currently unable to offer your preferred method of payment; in future fundraisers, we hope to have better options for donation in additional currencies. Please be sure to check the following URL for other options that may be available to you at this time: other ways to give.
If your payment was rejected or if you were not able to enter your card information on our donation page, please check your debit/credit card for the following cases:
- Your credit/debit card should be enabled for International use. Cards that can only be used in country (AKA Domestic cards) may not be accepted at this time. Please call your bank and request international access to be enabled.
- United States, United Kingdom and Canadian credit cards will only be accepted in these respective countries.
- Not all Virtual Cards may be accepted at this time. Virtual cards are frequently used for online purchases to protect your physical card's sensitive information. However, rest assured that our donation processing is backed up by professional, fully compliant processors and your information is extremely secure. So if your virtual card gets rejected, please use your regular credit/debit card instead.
- If you are using your debit card, please notice that the security code (C V V) is optional. If your debit card doesn't have a C V V just skip that field.
- Your bank may have flagged the transaction. This is particularly likely if this is the first time you are donating to Wikimedia. Please call your bank and request they unblock future transactions to Wikimedia so that your future donations will be processed.
If you received an error message stating that your transaction could not be accepted, your donation was not processed or accepted by the Wikimedia Foundation. A charge may show up on your card, held by your bank, as this is standard operating procedure for any online transaction. Your bank will release these funds in about 3-5 business days, depending upon their rules and regulations. If you would like to attempt a donation again, please visit our ways to give page for a full range of options.
Please don't worry if you see a warning/error certificate while trying to donate. It is likely due to an outdated version of your browser. Please update your browser to a newer version or use a different browser.
The donation banner you clicked is set-up to geolocate based on the IP address provided by your internet service provider. A small number of donors run into trouble with geolocation via IP and need a banner specific to their home country - this tends to be an issue if you are traveling. If this is the case, please send the fundraising team an email at donatewikimedia.org. Please be sure to include the name of your home country and/or currency so that we can send you the correct donation URL.
The fundraising team at the Wikimedia Foundation is small, so please be sure to read through the common questions above. Please also take the time to review our frequently asked questions, as this may help resolve any problems you are experiencing. If you still have doubts or need help tracking your transaction, please contact donatewikimedia.org.