Donations before December 2006
Are older Benefactors no longer listed, or have all of them given more recently than late 2006?
I see they aren't listed at the moment (cf the older discussion on naming below). They should be in the $15k+ section; though under what date? See the 09-13 donation from Bank of A. Sj 06:53, 23 November 2007 (UTC)
If listing is by amount, Jeff M. has given around $30k and should perhaps be listed first.
Benefactors not yet listed
Some people to add to the benfactors list, since summer 2007 and also a few that were overlooked in the past:
- John and Frances Beck Foundation, 15000
- Wikimania : Anon x3, totalling 33000, and some others, named. Should these have their own section? If not, they should at least be noted.
Large anonymous donors are worth a mention. Currently only the largest is noted; another $100k of individual donations over $1k each have come from anonymous donors over the past year.
- >5000 in 2007: 54k = 13900 (2007-09-01), ~40000 (series of 3, 2007-01-15)
- >5000 in 2006: 35k = 5000 (2006-12-24), 10000 x3 (10-10) (06-13), (06-08)
- David Grubb
- The Biegelesen Foundation, Inc
- Jan Pedersen
- Jewish Community Endowment Fund
- Mr. William B Edwards
- Anonymous -- there should be some nod to the large number of 1-5k anonymous donors.
- >1000 in 2007: 4k = 4150 (2007-08-04)
- >1000 in 2006: 22k = 1500 (2006-12-31), 2000 (12-22), 3000 (12-20), 4000 (12-18), 1370 (12-17), 1500 (10-07), 1250 (08-20), 1600 (07-11), 2500 (07-11), 3400 (05-30)
- 1000 in 2007: 5k = (2007-11-01) (08-29) (08-10) (05-04) (01-29)
- 1000 in 2006: 27k = (2006-12-31)x2 (12-27) (12-24) (12-23) (12-22) (12-21)x2 (12-18) (12-16), (12-09), (12-03), (11-17), (11-09), (10-09), (10-02), (09-26), (06-19), (06-15), (06-14), (03-01), (02-09), (02-08), (01-30), (01-28), (01-05), (01-02), (01-01)
Groups and passthrough contributors
- Just Give (who are they?)
- Schwab Fund for Charitable Giving
- Community Foundation Silicon Valley
- 1000 in 2006-12, separate from the N. Palvesky fund in 2007-01
- Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund
- Stanley Eisenberg (1000, 2007-10-03)
- Alan Bauer (10,000, 2007-09-04)
- Greenwich Capital RBS
- 2007-04-27 : Michael Tardy and Fidelo Tata, 1000 ea.
- 2006-12-29 : Michael Tardy and Jonathan Minond, 1000 ea.
It might be useful to define different tiers of support rather than listing these chronologically. Also, we ought to have some sort of rule on who can get their logo displayed. The FSF use the following classifications :
- Equipment and Services
- Patrons ($5000 or more)
- Sustaining donors ($1000 to $4999)
- Donors ($500 to $999)
- Corporate Patronage 
Corporate Patrons get a page with their logo. Everyone else just gets their name. The 'Other' category is listed as a heading, but currently has no one in it, so I'm not sure what that would be for. Angela
Those donating over 5000 dollars will have their name and logo listed. Between 500 and 4999, just a name. Anthere (via IRC)
The name "contributors" might be confusing. Anthere 22:55, 17 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- It is. We were confused factly on Japanese Wikipedia, when we traslated the Board election :) For them, another name (donor, benefactors etc.) is preferable. --Aphaea 00:44, 18 Oct 2004 (UTC)
Beck foundation full name
The link for the beck foundation was initially http://www.ahbeck.com , which is probably not right.
- It's definitely not ahbeck.com. thebeckfoundation.org is a dead link. I've never seen a website of theirs, and the only contact was by email via an AOL address. Jimmy apparently had a brochure from them, but I've not seen it. Angela 14:43, 25 September 2005 (UTC)
- It's the John and Frances Beck Foundation. This was confirmed today by Michael Davis who checked the name on the $10,000 check they sent us. Angela 19:22, 3 October 2005 (UTC)
- Excellent :) Sj 22:58, 22 October 2005 (UTC)
Should some mention be made here of the new Answers.com partnership? Sj 22:58, 22 October 2005 (UTC)
- Answers.com (20 October 2005)
- Creator of "1-Click Answers, Wikipedia Edition" software.
I removed it because they do not currently provide services or equipment. However, they support every year Wikimania. Anthere
- Do Wikimania donations deserve mention here? Sj