From the Wikimedia Foundation
Revision as of 00:26, 4 February 2012 by MZMcBride (+category)
The treasurer is usually a board member.
Duties of the Board Treasurer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the Board's review of and action related to its financial responsibilities;
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure that appropriate financial reports are prepared and made available to the Board. Regularly review reports to board on key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health;
- Review the annual budget that is presented to the Board for approval;
- Provide financial and operational advice and guidance to the Board as required.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure appropriate financial controls and processes;
- Serve as Board liaison to the Chief Financial Officer; may work directly with other staff to develop and implement financial procedures and systems;
- Review the annual audit and answer Board members' questions about the audit;
- May serve on or chair the Audit Committee