- All organisational pages may be found in the special category.
- For those willing to help with translation, please see m:Translation requests, specially its subpages /WMF, /WMFNews and sometimes /quick translation.
- Please watch for feedback on Meta-Wiki and start discussions there.
- More about this wiki...
- 1 local files
- 2 Template:Blogbox
- 3 feeder.py
- 4 Press room page request
- 5 pdfs to pngs
- 6 Feedback policy redirect
- 7 Changing fundraising templates
- 8 Dude.
- 9 Re: Informazioni su Wikimedia
- 10 Protection removal at Template:Staff
- 11 Your comments on User talk:Hwalls
- 12 Template:Jobs graphic/tr
- 13 Good catch
- 14 Namespace messages
- 15 On IRC?
They can all be moved to commons. Commons wasn't quite stable yet back in 'ought four :) Sj 00:31, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
Template:Blogbox is brocken ! --Kaganer 23:34, 27 December 2010 (UTC)
- Looks fine to me. What's broken? --MZMcBride 03:13, 28 December 2010 (UTC)
- Never mind. It seems the RSS extension doesn't really behave well with interface languages other than English. It should be better now with a redirect at Template:RSSPost. --MZMcBride 19:52, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- bugzilla:26479, for reference. --MZMcBride 20:00, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
I went to see if the blogbox needed updating, and I got this pleasant surprise. Thank you, it makes things easier :) NonvocalScream 15:19, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
Press room page request
Hey MZ - thanks for helping with the news template widget for the WMF wiki. I used it today, and it's a nice improvement. Do you think it's possible to set it up so that it auto updates Press_room as well? I know the formatting is different, but I'm fine with using the same info layout (it's the same info) in the news template, then have it auto update the press room page as well. Would be much simpler. Thoughts? JayWalsh 16:09, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- I think it'd be cool to have a proper interface for adding press releases written in jQuery. Something with large, clear input fields that can be documented. I'm not sure I'll have any time in the foreseeable future to write such a script, but it'd be neat. --MZMcBride 18:38, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
pdfs to pngs
Thanks MZM. Yeah, I figured that pngs are better than pdfs --will make to stick to png next times. Thanks again :) Moushira 22:37, 7 July 2011 (UTC)
Feedback policy redirect
Hi. :) Just wanted to let you know that I've created this anew for the moment since I found out when walking somebody through the MoodBar that there was some kind of snafu and the MoodBar "terms" are pointing to it. Brandon has passed it on to the developers, so it should be unnecessary again soon (if not already). --Mdennis 21:02, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads-up. I appreciate it. :-) --MZMcBride 21:42, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- No talkback template? :O I just wanted to let you know that I'd answered your question at my talk page. It isn't related to this, but it seemed immodest somehow to open up a whole new section just to let you know that. :D --Mdennis 11:08, 25 August 2011 (UTC)
Changing fundraising templates
Thanks for going through and cleaning up some of the code, particularly in making it w3c compliant; it was something we had planned to. It would be really helpful just to let us know before hand what your changing because we dont want to discover 30 minutes before a test that there are suddenly things not appearing as they should and having to try and work out whats wrong. As useful a watchlist is, its still difficult keeping track of so many pages. Its a fairly minor problem that occured this time but its just to be careful in future. So if you could give us a headsup, even if its a note on someone's talk page itll very much appreciated. thanks :) Jseddon 00:56, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. I'm not sure what "a fairly minor problem that occurred this time" is referring to. --MZMcBride 01:33, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- Its just that there was some id's needed to be changed in the css to classes to match the changes you made. Just made some text larger than intended. As I said fairly minor :)
- The two thing you also put on my talk page I'll look into. With the UK page, I wasn't the one that originally built it, and actually its a bit of a kit bash using features from the original build and the foundation's code. Its a little messy as a result of that. With the email option thing, the email option used to be a proper option, but I think its forced through the tracking data rather than an option. I think that is why there are two id's as one represents the deprecated check box and the other the current hidden email option but thats only from memory but will take a proper look at it.
- Also I apologise for not getting back to you with regards to the white box template thing. I agree it makes sense for it to be in a template itself and we are looking into converting it to text. I reverted your change for the time being though because it didnt look right stylistically but we are working on it right now. We are looking to having the font size change slightly to try and avoid it becoming too elongated but thats going to be trial and error but its being gotten to :) Jseddon 16:59, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, the id --> class thing I figured would probably break something, but I felt it incredibly important that the ids be unique.
- No worries about the white box. I realize that it wasn't perfect; it probably needs to set a specific font other than simply declaring "serif". It shouldn't take more than a minute or two of poking at it to get it to look right. I'm just a bit pre-occupied with the large amounts of other code cleanup and a million other projects. :-) --MZMcBride 00:58, 11 August 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, I hadn't seen that they were working on implementing it. Awesome! :D It was nearly all Fetchcomms. I just asked him politely and he worked his magic. Next up: the rest of the site. ;-) --MZMcBride 05:56, 30 December 2011 (UTC)
Yes, thank you. Done. Nemo 20:47, 13 January 2012 (UTC)
Protection removal at Template:Staff
Good idea, thank you. Philippe (WMF) 06:33, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Your comments on User talk:Hwalls
Regardless of the substance of the conversation, you're crossing the civility line here. That's unacceptable, and you'll need to stop, or I'll have to deactivate your account on this wiki.--Eloquence 19:38, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed. I've washed my hands of that page. :-) --MZMcBride 20:31, 30 January 2012 (UTC)
- :-) --MZMcBride (talk) 14:18, 30 April 2012 (UTC)