What we offer
From the Wikimedia Foundation
Work with us • Who we are • What we offer • Job openings
"Wikipedia works because there's this unspoken light inside all of us that comes from the desire to help educate, to help share knowledge." —Susan Hewitt, Wikipedia Editor
What we offer.
"Working for the foundation is like I come and hang out with my tribe every day."
"It’s really nice to feel like my input matters and what I believe in matters."
We take care of our people. We offer fully paid medical, dental and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and eligible dependents.
- Top 10 reasons to work for the Wikimedia Foundation
1. Influence hundreds of millions of readers all over the globe.
2. Work with super smart, passionate people.
3. Support the 5th-most visited web properties in the world.
4. Collaborate in an open, transparent environment.
5. Innovate solutions to problems that impact millions of people.
6. Do work that actually makes the world a better place.
7. Work in small teams on huge and important projects.
8. Interact with a global community with diverse cultures.
9. Be ahead of technological trends.
10. Work in a cool downtown San Francisco location.
The benefits and perks package also includes:
- Disability, life insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan with matched contributions of 4% of annual salary.
- Flexible and generous vacation, sick-leave, maternity/paternity policies.
- Pre-tax savings for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses.
- $1800 annual Health and Wellness Program for gym memberships, massages, etc.
- Annual professional development fund.
- Weekly staff meals, appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats).
- Downtown San Francisco location.
- Minutes from public transit: BART, SFMuni, AC Transit, SamTrans.
- International staff speaking dozens of languages from around the world.
- Fantastic intellectual discourse.
- Mission-driven and intensely passionate people.