RFP/Article Feedback Feature
Background Information and Statement of Purpose
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) is looking for a vendor to develop next-generation features for its Article Feedback tool. The vendor will have to be capable of design, development and QA for a moderately complex software feature.
Scope of Work
- Under guidance from Wikimedia Foundation product management and features engineering, implement advanced features for Article Feedback tool, including:
- Extended reviews, and review moderation
- Praise for the authors of an article
- Support for reviewer credentials
- Article rating and review dashboards and reports
- Develop related unit tests and integration tests, develop and perform test plans to validate logic, assess performance and ensure cross-browser compatibility
An initial proposal for the behavior of the whole system can be found at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Article_feedback/Extended_review – this document does not, however, represent an exact specification. Development will be structured in timeboxed sprints with an expectation of continuous delivery of working, deployable code.
Term of Contract
The contract will commence on September 1, 2011 at the latest, for an initial duration of 6 months. The contract will end on February 29, 2012 unless it is extended. All software developed through this contract will be publicly available as GPLv2-licensed open source software.
Payments, Incentives, and Penalties
Rate will be determined by level of experience and expertise. Please submit bid proposal.
The vendor will need to cover all legally required deductions, taxes and benefits. Approved expenses may be invoiced for reimbursement.
In the event that either party becomes dissatisfied with the progress of the contract, and both parties have taken all reasonable steps to resolve or improve the situation without mutual satisfaction, this agreement can be terminated by either party with 14 days’ written notice. Wikimedia’s fee obligation will be terminated at the end of the 14 days.
Requirements for Proposal Preparation
Vendor should provide a letter with resume/background information that indicates their qualifications to fulfill the requirements of the RFP.
Points of contact for future correspondence
Erik Moeller, VP of Engineering and Product Development