RFP/Production Support, Fundraiser
Background Information and Statement of Purpose
The Fundraiser Production Support will support the Wikimedia Foundation and Chapters' annual fundraiser drive. This year-round position includes varied production work required to support all fundraising efforts. In the early part of the fundraising season, work will focus on producing and testing banners and landing pages. Work may also include general support for feature development of the systems that power the fundraiser, as needed by the Production Lead. During the fundraising drive, the work will focus on iterative production implementation, update, and testing of banners, landing pages, and donation forms served in over 125 languages and countries. Other duties may include interfacing with Community team projects that impact customer support and analytic research in support of fundraising efforts.
Scope of Work
- Create and test fundraising banners, landing pages, and donation pages during the lead-in to the fundraiser.
- Thorough QA testing of U.S and localized campaign elements. QA includes, but is not limited to: proofing text, language, currency, payment methods, thank you messaging, and click-through links for campaigns in all countries and languages.
- Quickly iterate on campaign banner and landing pages -- up to several times per day -- during the annual fundraiser.
- Light image and style modifications to assets used in the banners (scaling, alignment, etc.)
- Meticulous logging of all campaign components deployed and tested, as well as process and progress of testing.
- Meticulous documenting changes/innovations and other aspects of the work.
- Work with Fundraiser Heads to improve systems for creating, testing, and tracking campaign components.
- Support outreach and notification of Foundation activities to Wikimedia communities such that Fundraising efforts are transparent to and involve the greater community.
- Use wiki markup, HTML, and CSS to create banners using Wikimedia's CentralNotice system during the fundraiser.
- Demonstrable ability to pay attention to detail even in an environment of concurrent tasks
- Must be able to perform tedious and repetitive tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to design and produce graphical elements using open-source design software.
- Focus and attention to detail required to thoroughly QA production assets.
- Comfort producing and QA'ing localized assets including translations and foreign currencies
- Experienced Wikimedian with established contacts within the community preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required to work in an open, transparent, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly and adhere to deadlines amidst changing requirements in a fast-paced, tech-savvy non-profit organization.
- An uncanny ability to follow the directives of Fundraiser Heads while self-managing completion of daily tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Term of contract
Contract will commence as soon as possible until approximately January 31, 2013.
Points of contact for future correspondence
Contractor should provide a letter with resume that indicates their qualifications to fulfill the requirements.
Pats Peña, Global Fundraising Operations Manager