From the Wikimedia Foundation
As of the 2012 revision to the bylaws, the treasurer is usually a staff member.
Duties of the Board Treasurer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure that appropriate financial reports are prepared and made available to the Board. Regularly review reports to board on key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health;
- Inform the Board's review of and action related to its financial responsibilities;
- Review the annual budget that is presented to the Board for approval;
- Provide financial and operational advice and guidance to the Board as required.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure appropriate financial controls and processes;
- Serve as staff liaison to the Audit Committee; may work directly with other staff to develop and implement financial procedures and systems;
Related duties of the Audit Committee chair:
- Oversee the Treasurer's work in managing the Board's review of its financial responsibilities;
- Review the annual audit and answer Board members' questions about the audit;
- May serve on or chair the Audit Committee