From the Wikimedia Foundation
(Redirected from Volunteering)
Wikimedia has many volunteer opportunities.
- Join us! It's easy to get started, and you will likely learn something new in the process. If you've never edited before, try our getting started tour.
- Translators are always welcome. If you speak a language other than English, please join us on Meta-Wiki. Translation efforts help both interproject communication and the overall user experience.
- Welcome new English Wikipedia editors through the Teahouse. The Teahouse helps new editors become accustomed to community culture, ask questions, and develop community relationships – supporting new contributors on their journey to become experienced Wikipedians. Learn more at the Teahouse hosts page.
- Go outside and contribute photographs of famous landmarks in your area. Wiki Loves Monuments is an international photo contest around cultural heritage monuments in September. Learn more at Wiki Loves Monuments.
- MediaWiki welcomes technical volunteers for development, testing, system administration, documentation, design and promotion. Learn how to contribute.
- And, of course, be sure to check out all of our projects, listed below. Every Wikimedia project is always in search of volunteers. Be bold!
Projects of the Wikimedia Foundation (read more...)
Dictionary and thesaurus
Free content news source
Free textbooks and manuals
Collection of quotations
Free source documents
Free learning tools
Free travel guide
Directory of species
Shared media repository
Free knowledge base
Free wiki software