Зьвесткі з Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual, educational content, and to providing the full content of these wiki-based projects to the public free of charge. The Wikimedia Foundation operates some of the largest collaboratively edited reference projects in the world, including Wikipedia, a top-ten internet property.
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That’s our commitment.
See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- Why does Venezuelan photographer Wilfredo Rodríguez donate his work to the world?: "I think the message is more important than the author," says Venezuelan photographer Wilfredo Rodríguez, who uses his photographs to show both the beauty of and challenges of living in...
June 22, 2017
- Community digest: ‘Faras in Wikipedia’ project scoops an award in the Sybilla Museum Event of the Year competition; news in brief: The efforts of Wikimedians in Poland and the staff of the National Museum in Warsaw helped their project Faras in Wikipedia get one of the Sybilla awards. In addition, this week's news in brief...
June 20, 2017
- Writing Wikipedia articles teaches information literacy skills, study finds: As educators worldwide grapple with how to teach information literacy in the digital age, Wikipedia has emerged as one answer to the post-truth era. New research results confirm that writing Wikipe...
June 19, 2017
- Discussing fake news and the NSA lawsuit at Yale: As part of our ongoing affiliation and collaboration with Yale Law School, members of the Foundation’s legal team recently participated in two events focused on the issue of fake news and the Wik...
June 16, 2017
- Investigating a mysterious performance improvement: Late last month, large wiki articles were appearing to load faster in our testing environment. We wanted to find out why.<img alt="" border="0" src="https://pixel.wp...
June 15, 2017
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2016–17 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.
Projects of the Wikimedia Foundation (read more...)
For more information about the contributors to the logo designs, see Wikimedia trademarks