See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- Nine community-led projects receive rapid grants to inspire new readers
May 16, 2018
- Twitter bots powered by Wikipedia: An interview with Darius Kazemi, internet artist
May 14, 2018
- Exploring offline access to Wikipedia: WikiFundi, an editing tool for remote schools
May 10, 2018
- Here’s everything we published from the design, development, and data process for the page previews feature
May 9, 2018
- Hello, my name is ________: Searching for names is not always straightforward
May 8, 2018
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.