See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- Why it took a long time to build that tiny link preview on Wikipedia: The history of page previews.
April 20, 2018
- Wikimedia and The Met: A shared digital vision: The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Wikimedia Foundation are partners on a simple shared mission: connecting audiences to open knowledge, ideas, and creativity on a global scale.
April 19, 2018
- How we designed page previews for Wikipedia — and what could be done with them in the future: Yesterday, we released a new feature for Wikipedia’s readers on desktop—<a href="https://blog.wikimedia.org/2018/04/17/wikipedia-page-previews/">page previews</a>. Her...
April 18, 2018
- Victory in Greece: Legal case ended against Wikipedia editor: A long-running case in Greece has come to a close with all claims dropped.
April 18, 2018
- Navigating through Wikipedia articles on desktop just got a lot easier: Page previews, deployed today, is one of the largest changes to desktop Wikipedia made in recent years.
April 17, 2018
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.