See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- Improving MediaWiki’s documentation and localization practices: We constantly talk about the importance of projects like Wikipedia, but have you ever thought about the hidden things that make it all possible?
February 23, 2018
- You can now translate Wikipedia articles from Spanish into Basque, thanks to an open source machine learning tool: The Wikimedia Foundation's Language team worked with a team from the University of the Basque Country and the Elhuyar Foundation to make it easier to translate Wikipedia articles from Spanish i...
February 22, 2018
- In Egypt, Her Story uses women’s voices and Wikipedia to educate about gender violence: For as long as the pyramids have been standing, the contributions of women to history have been undervalued and underrepresented. But today, there is a movement afoot in the land of the pharaohs—...
February 22, 2018
- Plotting a course through charted waters: A website workshop on data visualization literacy: Mikhail Popov, a data scientist at the Wikimedia Foundation, recently led a workshop on how to interpret different types of statistical graphics and how to glean insights from them. The workshop is...
February 21, 2018
- You can now upload 3D models to Wikimedia Commons: We've enabled a new feature that allows you to upload three dimensional (3D) models.
February 20, 2018
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.