See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- “Visual diffs” make it easier to see editing changes on Wikipedia: The Wikimedia Foundation's Editing team announces the launch of visual diffs, which will let users visually review the changes made to Wikimedia sites without requiring knowledge of the wikitex...
February 20, 2018
- Building for the future of Wikimedia with a new approach to partnerships: The Wikipedia Zero program will end in 2018 while new partnership opportunities will continue to address critical barriers to participation in free knowledge around the world
February 16, 2018
- Bringing Myanmar to the world: Kyi Phyo Htet: Kyi Phyo Htet had some free time and passion for the Myanmar Unicode system. He's invested them in making tens of thousands of Wikipedia edits and writing over a thousand articles.
February 15, 2018
- The one-man band writing the history of Nigerian cinema into Wikipedia: Long-time volunteer Wikipedia editor Sam Oyeyele has written a series of articles on the history of Nigerian cinema, from its colonial origins through its distinctly independent present.
February 14, 2018
- Wikimedia Research Newsletter, January 2018: Automated Q&A from Wikipedia articles; Who succeeds in talk page discussions?''With contributions by: Eddie891, Thomas Niebler, Barbara (WVS) and Tilman Bayer''
February 11, 2018
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.