See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- What can we glean from OCLC’s experience with library staff learning Wikipedia?: An exploration of the intersection between Wikipedia and public libraries in the United States.<img alt="" border="0" src="https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=blog.wikim...
December 13, 2017
- Gnomes and trolls and hobgoblins (oh my!)—Failed queries and the vicarious fear of missing out: Many experienced Wikipedians have hit on the same clever idea to help less sophisticated users more easily find what they are looking for: take note of what they failed to find and leave a trail of...
December 12, 2017
- Discover a world of natural heritage through the winning images from Wiki Loves Earth: Nearly 132,000 images, all freely licensed, have been added to Wikimedia Commons in the fourth annual Wiki Loves Earth. The photographic contest focuses on protected areas, unique places of natural...
December 11, 2017
- The journey to Thumbor, part 3: Development and deployment strategy: Thumbor is an open source software service focused on resizing media into thumbnail images. Contributors upload full-size original media to Wikimedia projects, and those files need to be resized in...
December 9, 2017
- The journey to Thumbor, part 2: Thumbnailing architecture: Thumbor is an open source software service focused on resizing media into thumbnail images. Contributors upload full-size original media to Wikimedia projects, and those files need to be resized in...
December 9, 2017
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.