See the job openings page for more information.
Recent Wikimedia Blog posts
- Wikimedia Foundation partners with the GSMA to expand digital literacy in emerging countries: As part of our 2030 vision, the Wikimedia Foundation is working to expand partnerships with organisations like the GSMA to empower communities through digital skills training and participation in...
June 21, 2018
- Kusudamas and production schedules: The joy of being a Visiting Wikimedian for the Wikimedia Conference: Vira Motorko is a Project Manager at Wikimedia Ukraine. Through Wikimedia Germany’s Visiting Wikimedian program, they helped plan the 2018 Wikimedia Conference, held earlier this year in Berlin.
June 20, 2018
- For these Wikipedia editors, ancient Egyptian pyramids are more than a symbol: Two of Wikipedia's editors speak out about what motivates them to write about ancient Egypt on Wikipedia.
June 19, 2018
- The insights series: Sam Oyeyele: Interviews with Wikimedians from emerging communities from Africa, Asia and Latin America, sharing their experiences of Wikimedia Conference 2018 and what the free knowledge movement means to them.
June 15, 2018
- Don’t force platforms to replace communities with algorithms: As policymakers increasingly suggest technological solutions to fight illegal and controversial content online, we ask them to consider the rights of internet users and to leave room for the human...
June 14, 2018
Read the complete blog archive. »
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via credit card, PayPal, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The annual plan documents the Foundation's 2017–2018 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
From the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.