Staff and contractors
The Wikimedia Foundation currently has less than ten full-time employees. Everyone else involved with the projects is a volunteer, including members of the Board of Trustees. The Foundation is currently conducting a search for a permanent Executive Director.
Brad Patrick is the legal counsel of the Wikimedia Foundation in St. Petersburg, Florida, USA. Prior to joining the Wikimedia Foundation, he practiced law with the Tampa firm of Fowler White Boggs Banker in the fields of technology and intellectual property litigation. His prior work experience includes civil litigation with private firms in Redmond and Seattle, Washington, technology consulting and procurement for state government, and software consulting to top 100 law firms for transactional, data warehousing, and business intelligence systems. He has served on numerous not-for-profit boards of directors in civic, educational, and community leadership organizations. Offline, he enjoys reading, music and spending time in the great outdoors with his family.
- Carolyn Doran, Chief Operating Officer, full-time since January 2007.
- Danny Wool, Grants Coordinator in the Florida office, since September 2005.
- Sandra Ordonez, Communication Manager, since January 2007.
- Brion Vibber, Chief Technical Officer and MediaWiki release manager, since August 2005.
Independent contractors and others
- Kyle Anderson, retained as a part time hardware manager for the Tampa servers (contractor).
- Tim Starling, full time MediaWiki software developer, since April 2006 (contractor).
- Mark Bergsma, part time Networking Coordinator, since September 2006 (contractor).
- Barbara Brown, an administrative assistant in the Florida office, since August, 2006.