Although the projects supported by the Wikimedia Foundation are worked on by a global volunteer community, we employ a small staff in order to handle some administrative and technical matters. This page lists current job openings.
Employment opportunities at the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking a legal coordinator to handle the day-to-day legal needs of the Foundation and to coordinate outside help. The position can be either a full-time or part-time position, and either telecommuting or office-based. Please apply with CV or resume attached to jobs AT wikimedia.org with subject line "Legal Coordinator".
Application deadline: 7th of April
All candidates will be notified of the hiring decision via email by 20th of April (or a little bit more, let us be honest...)
- Coordinate pro bono help, international legal services, legal interns, assistance from the project communities, and outside counsel as necessary
- Answer legal requests that come in to the OTRS system and by phone
- Handle day-to-day legal needs of the Foundation, such as contracts
- Evaluate Foundation policies and operating procedures for compliance with relevant laws
- Assist Executive Director with operational tasks as needed
- Assist Board of Trustees with legal concerns as needed
- Licensed to practice law in any U.S. state
- Ability to make occasional travel to St. Petersburg, Florida and to other meetings as needed
- Strong commitment to organizational values of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with the variety of legal issues facing the Wikimedia Foundation (knowledge about intellectual property law, contract law, libel and personality rights especially helpful)
Executive Director Search
The Foundation is currently conducting a search for a permanent Executive Director. More information will be published during April 2007.
For a list of Wikimedia Foundation employees, see "Current staff".
- read our non discrimination policy