Thanks for being here! This wiki does not exactly follow the same rules as the other Wikimedia projects, since it is not open to all for editing, and in case of disagreement, the organ of decision will be the Board. A rule of thumb however is that if we gave you access, that means we trust you. So please, do not be shy in editing this site. There is ample work for everyone :-)
- Please create your userpage with a short biography and other introductory information about yourself and the work you do. (Feel free to look at other user pages for examples.)
- All organizational pages may be found in the special category.
- For those willing to help with translation, please see m:Translation requests, especially its subpages /WMF, /WMFNews and sometimes /quick translation.
- Please watch for feedback on Meta-Wiki and start discussions there.
- More about this wiki...
Welcome. :-) I'm happy that besides bot-like boring tasks such as fixing double redirects you also found some fun stuff like adding username links to Staff. :-D Per talk, there's a consensus that all names should be linked to the user page on Meta or mw:: would you like to do it? It would be great! Thanks, Nemo 06:48, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi. I'm not sure why you chose the page title "Vision (pt)". The proper page title would be "Visão", wouldn't it? It looks like a parenthetical is only used when there is a name conflict between multiple languages. You also need to update Template:VisionLang. --MZMcBride (talk) 18:21, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't look at all of the languages, and of those that I did look at they were all following that format. Thanks for pointing it out to me - feel free to delete Vision (pt). Updated the template (I was getting used to the translate extension doing it for me!). The Helpful One 18:31, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
Italicizing short quote
Hi. Regarding this edit, why are you doing this? If you feel the quote should be italicized, you should update the master template and sync to Meta-Wiki and elsewhere. I can't understand why you'd add explicit markup to every user page rather than setting it as the default or allowing users to italicize or not on an individual basis. --MZMcBride (talk) 22:13, 22 April 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. It's because there are variations between how people use the short quote parameter. For example, Philippe, Sumana and Jay use personal quotes, whilst Janice and Rachel use quotes from other people (also referencing their names) and there are also cases when users make use of more than one quote, as Steph does. Applying this markup in the template itself would end up with authors' names being italicised, which isn't what I intend. The Helpful One 22:26, 22 April 2012 (UTC)
Updated user page
You said to let you know when I updated my user page. I've finally done that. Thanks.