Fund drives/2005/Q4/Day 11
Monday 26 December
A total of 257 donations were made through PayPal on Day 11, yielding the equivalent of $5,813.09 USD. The average donation that day was $22.62.
A total of about 38.10 was donated through MoneyBookers since the last update, bringing that total to $772.68. Today was a postal holiday and thus there are no mail or Dexia donations to report.
- Day total: $5,851.19
Breakdown of Day 11 PayPal donations:
AUD 38.09 (28.59 USD) CAD 297.88 (245.13 USD) EUR 1,823.94 (2,215.52 USD) GBP 213.49 (382.85 USD) JPY 40,160.00 (362.85 USD) USD 2,578.16 Total 5,813.09 USD
Special thanks to those who gave large donations
Christian Hoffmann gave the largest donation this day; € 200. There were also many donors who gave the equivalent of about $100 or more (listed in no particular order); Jeff Lima, Craig Hirsch, and 9 anonymous donors.
- Note: While large donations are great, it should be noted that about 70% of all the money donated to the Wikimedia Foundation comes from donations that are the equivalent of $50 or less and the average donation is about $25.
Selected donor comments
Let's all thank everybody who donated on this day by reading their comments.
- Full listing at: http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/2005q4/index.php/2005-12-26/detail/
- "The best of what the Internet promised" by Beth Gibson
- "Danke für das große Lexikon" by anonymous
- "What a wonderful site, I use it every day. It is a natural for my Opera start-up page. I only wish I had more to give. Thank you, thank you so much Wikipedia!" by Shari Wilson
- "Keep up the good work!" by Chris Bunch
- "Free Information for Everyone." by Christoph Dankert
- "Faites le pour nous, et pas pour votre portefeuille." by Yoann GUETTA
- "Keep it up! You help me do my degree! I love you people!" by Robert Griffin
- "Using the site quite often, so why not "paying" a little bit for it ... Just keep going!" by Igor Brusic
- "Many thanks to all involved with Wikimedia!" by anonymous
- "El conocimiento debe ser como el agua, gratis y de libre acceso a toda la población. Ser culto para ser libre." by Juan Herraiz
- "How could I not donate to the Encyclopedia Galactica (well, in a hundred years or so... give it time)?" by Craig Hirsch
- "I loved the holiday card and enjoy the ever expanding Romanian encyclopedia." by Gordon Davidescu
- "Wiki rocks" by Jeff Lima
Some of my personal favorites:
- "Paying it forward with knowledge" by anonymous
- "Plain, clear, accessible knowledge in the grand encylopedic tradition. May Wikipedia flourish!" by William Bruneau
- "Knowledge is Power, let it run free" by anonymous
- "Blessed is the day I discovered this resource!" by anonymous
-- Daniel Mayer