Background Information and Statement of Purpose
Wikimedia Foundation is seeking a Technical Recruiter to join our Human Resources team in San Francisco. Our team is small, but mighty. The Technical Recruiter will have an impact on the success of Wikimedia Foundation initiatives to bring Wikipedia and its sister projects to millions and millions of people. A passion for technology and a successful track record of partnering with technical teams to building relationships and recruit is a must. We seek someone who is energetic, creative, willing to take risks and try new things.
And above all, the ideal candidate will embrace our Mission: Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
- Maintain full cycle recruiting process for our Engineering organization ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience. Innovate on ways to build an engineering talent pipeline and recruit in a variety of venues. Screen resumes and interview qualified candidates
- Own research, create target lists and source candidates. Including building effective networks and relationships with the technical community globally to create an on-going pipeline of top, qualified candidates Prequalify or pre-screen candidates for presentation to hiring managers. Facilitate interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers
- Create and Promote our employment brand and job opportunities at recruiting events. Provide a positively memorable candidate experience
- Maintain data reports and performance metrics on a regular basis
- Working with hiring managers and / or Human Resources Business Partners to document requirements and / or create job descriptions for open requisitions
- May work with agencies and recruiting contractors
- Ensure compliance with hiring policies, practices and company values
- Drive offer process — including extending offers, closing candidates, and generating offer letters
- Work with Human Resources team to on-board new hires
- Act as an internally and externally-facing representative of Wikimedia Foundation
- Strong customer focus, track record of building strong working relationships with coworkers, customers (internal and external)
- Passionate about Wikimedia products and able to speak to our industry
- 3+ years Technical recruiting for a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Interest in contributing to the Wikimedia Foundation mission and goals
- Willingness to work in an open, transparent environment
- Broad job description level knowledge of programming languages, web technologies, software development process and emerging technologies
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Patient, communicative team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with recruitment event planning and execution
- Strong business acumen: professional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing employment polices and practices
- Knowledge of and proficiency with applicant tracking systems, recruiting technologies and office suites
- Must be willing to create and execute recruiting events
- Experience with creating employer branding, implementing HR processes and handling employee relation interactions is a plus
- Must be willing to consider full-time employment
Point of Contact
Please put "Engineering Recruiter" on the subject line. Initial 6 months contract in view of a permanent offer