Background Information and Statement of Purpose
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) wants to perform analysis on its API query logs to better understand third party application usage of Wikimedia content and services. The goal of this project is to develop the code and reporting tools to perform this analysis repeatedly, on the basis of existing logfile data.
Scope of Work
- Develop the analytics software to mine, analyze, and report back the details of the Wikimedia API logs on a regular basis
- Analyze API usage patterns to answer but not limited to the following:
- Who the top consumers are (applications, websites, devices, etc.)
- How they interact with the API (read vs. write operations, specific queries, etc.)
- Geographic breakdown of API usage
- Work in partnership with the Wikimedia open source community following existing development conventions and practices
Term of Contract
The contract will be for an initial duration of 1 month. Code developed through this project is expected to be licensed under the GNU GPLv2, and data/reports generated through this project is expected to be made available under the Creative Commons Zero License.
Payments, Incentives, and Penalties
Rate will be determined by level of experience and expertise. Please submit bid proposal.
Requirements for Proposal Preparation
Contractor should provide a letter with resume that indicates their qualifications to fulfill the requirements of the RFP.
Points of contact for future correspondence
Tomasz Finc, Engineering Program Manager
+1 (415) 839-6885 x 6616