Job openings/Head of Office Administration
Head of Office Administration
Chief Finance and Administration Officer
The Head of Office Administration is a senior administrative position of the Wikimedia Foundation. This position is responsible for managing, planning, and coordinating various administrative business operations geared toward achieving internal operational excellence in support of the organizational staff. The Wikimedia Foundation has experienced and will continue to experience growth and organizational change over the next several years. The Head of Office Administration reports to the Chief Finance and Administration Officer.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build and manage an administrative services support team to provide optimal administrative and facility support to all staff (including remote staff).
- Manage the administrative services support team in providing/maintaining reception services, office support functions (housekeeping, repairs, supplies inventory and maintenance, mail services, bank deposits, etc.), travel bookings, internal meeting support, conference room management, support for the annual conference, etc.
- Manage and maintain current and future physical office environments locally and internationally that support a collaborative (international, multi-location) work process and reflect the values of the organization-this may include research and analysis related to the procurement of additional and/or alternative office space including long-term and short-term leases as well as space planning and the management of any physical office moves.
- Act as a cross-functional business partner for major procurement decisions/negotiations, including managing RFP processes, analyzing cost-benefit information, drafting, reviewing, negotiating and executing purchasing contracts that are advantageous for the organization.
- Manage state-by-state registrations and other non-profit legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Create, improve and manage administrative office systems and processes to increase efficiency.
- Create and maintain centralized organization-wide system to optimize contract, records and file management.
- Implement office administration policies as required.
- Prepare and manage the annual departmental budget.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible office management experience including supervision of multiple direct reports, with a strong proficiency in internal and external customer service.
- Previous experience searching and procuring office space (experience with international locations a plus) and negotiating office leases.
- Previous experience with managing RFP processes.
- Knowledge of contracting principles, laws, statutes; proven ability to prepare and negotiate contracts.
- Must be able to adhere to deadlines, complete projects independently and manage costs and budgets.
- Previous experience with non-profit regulatory compliance with a large, U.S. based non-profit a plus.
- The ability to speak multiple languages is a major plus.
- Experience living or working outside the United States is a major plus.
- You must be comfortable in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- Understanding of free culture / free software /open source is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be creative, highly motivated, and able to operate effectively in multiple cultural contexts.