Job openings/Mobile Team Leader
Mobile Team Leader
The Wikimedia Foundation, the nonprofit that operates Wikipedia, aims to build a global mobile partnership program that helps us advance our vision of a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We see Mobile as a vital element to our strategy. The core purpose of this job is to build and support a portfolio of business relationships with mobile partners around the world. You will be responsible for managing a partnership program that expands access to Wikipedia and its sister projects via the Mobile Internet with a particular focus in developing countries.
- Represent Wikimedia's mobile strategy and operations with our partners.
- Creatively leverage partner capabilities and resources to co-design innovative solutions that help to increase the impact of Wikimedia's mobile activities.
- Implement a marketing plan to introduce Wikimedia's partnership program to the mobile sector and build interest.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with mobile partner portfolio working with partners and other Wikimedia staff to assess and prioritize requests and requirements.
- Manage the workflow and ensure that partners fulfill their commitments and work cross-functionally with internal departments to provide services required (update documentation and workflows continuously).
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills and comfort in both the trenches and the executive suite.
- Well organized, excellent at process management with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Focused product knowledge; understands and leads development of business process and products and metrics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of independently solving problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both business and technical audiences.
- A self-starter with a drive for results attitude and ability to learn fast.
- Must be mission-oriented with a passion for Wikimedia's values and vision.
- Must be willing to travel globally and flex work hours to meet the requirements of global partner relationships.
- The ideal candidate will be creative, highly motivated, and able to operate effectively in multiple cultural and technical contexts.
- Experience working with mobile, internet or technology companies in partner management or marketing.
- You must be comfortable in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- Experience doing business globally.
- Experience with wikis and participatory production environments is a plus.
- Understanding of the free/open software and free culture movement is a plus.
- Experience working with volunteers a plus.