From the Wikimedia Foundation
|This resolution explaining the plan for board expansion was approved by vote on 7 December 2006.|
Whereas the Board confirms its commitment to expand the number of members on the board of directors
It is hereby resolved that:
- Hereafter, persons appointed to the board shall serve for a term of one year, which may be renewed.
- Hereafter, persons elected from the community shall be appointed for a term of two years.
- The board reaffirms its commitment to expand further in the coming years, and include members with a diverse set of talents, experience, and competencies, the majority of whom are elected or appointed from the community.
- The terms of Jimmy Wales and Michael Davis will expire in December 2007.
- Tim Shell resigns effective 15 December 2006.
- The board appoints Jan-Bart de Vreede to join the board to replace Tim Shell. (Term to expire 31 December 2007)
- The board appoints Florence Devouard to serve until 1 July, 2008.
- The board appoints Oscar van Dillen and Kat Walsh to the Board to serve from 8 December 2006 until 1 July 2007.
- The board anticipates elections will be held in June 2007, for three positions, each for a term of two years.
- The board anticipates elections will be held in June 2008, for three positions, each for a term of two years.
Reference: Resolution:Board expansion committee