How to report a problem with content, request new content, or find out more information.
How to create or contribute content, translate content, or help develop MediaWiki software.
How to copy content on Wikimedia Foundation's sites, donate your own, or report unlicensed use of your information.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
Information about the Wikimedia Foundation and the Wikimedia movement or business proposals for the Wikimedia Foundation.
Find out how to donate and information about how your money is spent, as well as what to do in case of problems.
If you're a member of the press looking to contact Wikipedia.
For information about the Wikimedia Foundation's Wikipedia Zero initiative or to contact us about providing mobile subscribers free access to Wikipedia.
For information about Wikimedia's international network of associated organizations or how to contact them.
You can subscribe to our press release mailing list here. Subscribe to our general news and announcements email list here.
- Wikimedia Foundation 2016 contribution campaign: support free knowledge with a gift to Wikipedia
- 29 November 2016 Non-profit asks readers to help sustain Wikipedia and its sister projects
- Wikimedia Foundation welcomes Victoria Coleman as Chief Technology Officer
- 2 November 2016 Victoria brings more than 20 years of experience leading development and strategy for complex technologies at scale
- Wikimedia Foundation announces Katherine Maher as Executive Director
- 24 June 2016 Katherine is an expert on the intersection of technology, human rights, democracy, and international development
- Wikimedia Foundation announces new Board trustees and leadership at Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy
- 23 June 2016 Christophe Henner and Nataliia Tymkiv bring deep non-profit governance experience
- Katherine Maher appointed as interim executive director for the Wikimedia Foundation
- 17 March 2016
- Wikipedia celebrates 15 years of free knowledge
- 14 January 2016 Community celebrates Wikipedia and sister projects with nearly 150 events on six continents; Wikimedia Foundation announces endowment to sustain Wikipedia for the future
- Wikimedia Foundation to explore new ways to search and discover reliable, relevant, free information with $250,000 from Knight Foundation
- 6 January 2016 Funds support research and testing to improve how people find information on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects
- Kelly Battles and Arnnon Geshuri join Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
- 5 January 2016 New Trustees bring deep financial, operational, and organizational development expertise to Wikimedia’s free knowledge mission
Archived releases: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Acting Director, Communications
Please note: The following contact information is for media relations requests only. For all general, public inquiries or concerns, please use Wikimedia Foundation contact us page.
- +1 415-839-6885
If leaving a message, please ensure you provide all necessary details, including an email address, to ensure a reply to your call.
We also have local Wikimedia affiliate contacts throughout the world. Find a Wikimedian in your area.
(We get a large number of calls; email is always a better first option. Please note: We do not wish to receive any press release, newsletter, or documentation about your organization. For editorial questions about Wikipedia or one of the other Wikimedia projects, please email infowikimedia.org. For the English Wikipedia specifically, please email info-enwikimedia.org or visit Wikipedia:Contact us.)
Regional Wikimedia affiliates
Wikimedia affiliates are independent organizations around the world founded to support and promote the Wikimedia projects. These organizations do not speak in an official capacity on behalf of the Foundation. If you'd like to speak to someone in an area or language that's not featured here, please email email@example.com for other contacts.