How to report a problem with content, request new content, or find out more information.
How to create or contribute content, translate content, or help develop MediaWiki software.
How to copy content on Wikimedia Foundation's sites, donate your own, or report unlicensed use of your information.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
Information about the Wikimedia Foundation and the Wikimedia movement or business proposals for the Wikimedia Foundation.
Find out how to donate and information about how your money is spent, as well as what to do in case of problems.
If you're a member of the press looking to contact Wikipedia.
For information about the Wikimedia Foundation's Wikipedia Zero initiative or to contact us about providing mobile subscribers free access to Wikipedia.
For information about Wikimedia's international network of associated organizations or how to contact them.
You can subscribe to our press release mailing list here. Subscribe to our general news and announcements email list here.
- Wikimedia Foundation appoints Toby Negrin as Chief Product Officer
- 8 November 2017 Toby Negrin has been with the Wikimedia Foundation since 2013 and brings nearly two decades of experience in research, design, analytics, and product development
- Raju Narisetti joins Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
- 16 October 2017 Media veteran brings nearly three decades of global strategic experience in digital media and audience development to the Wikimedia Foundation Board
- Wikimedia Foundation announces Board of Trustees appointments and leadership at Wikimania 2017 in Montreal
- 11 August 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board appoints Wikimedia community-selected Trustees, and confirms Chair and Vice Chair leadership
- Wikimedians and free knowledge leaders convene in Montreal for 13th annual Wikimania
- 11 August 2017 Hundreds of volunteer Wikimedians and free knowledge leaders gather in the heart of Quebec to celebrate Wikipedia, the Wikimedia projects, and the people who make them possible. Representatives from the Wikimedia Foundation, Creative Commons, and Mozilla announced the Bassel Khartabil Free Culture Fellowship to honor Bassel Khartabil, Syrian Wikimedian and global open culture advocate
- Wikimedia Foundation welcomes Eileen Hershenov as General Counsel
- 16 May 2017 Experienced general counsel brings nearly three decades of leadership in media, intellectual property, civil liberties, and not-for-profit law
- Wikimedia community in Iraq partners with Asiacell to bring Wikipedia to nearly 12 million subscribers free of mobile data charges
- 28 February 2017 Mobile data fees waived for Asiacell customers in Iraq to access Wikipedia, a free collection of knowledge available in nearly 300 languages
- Wikimedia Foundation receives $500,000 from the Craig Newmark Foundation and craigslist Charitable Fund to support a healthy and inclusive Wikimedia community
- 26 January 2017 Grant supports development of more advanced tools for volunteers and staff to reduce harassing behavior on Wikipedia and block harassers from the site
- Wikimedia Foundation receives $3 million grant from Alfred P. Sloan Foundation to make freely licensed images accessible and reusable across the web
- 9 January 2017 Funding to support Wikimedia community efforts to enable structured data on Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository with more than 35 million media files
Archived releases: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Interim Chief of Communications
Please note: The following contact information is for media relations requests only. For all general, public inquiries or concerns, please use Wikimedia Foundation contact us page.
- +1 415-839-6885
If leaving a message, please ensure you provide all necessary details, including an email address, to ensure a reply to your call.
We also have local Wikimedia affiliate contacts throughout the world. Find a Wikimedian in your area.
(We get a large number of calls; email is always a better first option. Please note: We do not wish to receive any press release, newsletter, or documentation about your organization. For editorial questions about Wikipedia or one of the other Wikimedia projects, please email infowikimedia.org. For the English Wikipedia specifically, please email info-enwikimedia.org or visit Wikipedia:Contact us.)
Regional Wikimedia affiliates
Wikimedia affiliates are independent organizations around the world founded to support and promote the Wikimedia projects. These organizations do not speak in an official capacity on behalf of the Foundation. If you'd like to speak to someone in an area or language that's not featured here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for other contacts.