For media inquiries about Wikipedia, Wikimedia, or the Wikimedia Foundation, please email us at email@example.com or call us +1 415-839-6885.
For media relations requests only. For all general, public inquiries, or other concerns, please use our contact page.
Public speaking requests
If you have a public speaking request for a Wikimedia spokesperson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the event and request.
Wikimedia facts and figures
- Wikipedia was started in 2001.
- Today, Wikipedia exists in nearly 300 languages across more than 58 million articles.
- Projects and programs made possible by the Wikimedia Foundation reach more than 1.8 billion devices a month
- More than 300,000 editors contribute to Wikipedia every month.
- Wikipedia is read more than 15 billion times every month. That means people reading Wikipedia about 6,000 times every second.
- Wikimedia sites are accessed by more than 1.8 billion unique devices every month.
- We don’t track unique visitors to Wikimedia sites because of our strong commitment to privacy.
- We do have information about the number of unique devices that access Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites.
Wikimedia Foundation and Wikipedia images
Regional Wikimedia press contacts
Wikimedia is a global free knowledge movement with contributors around the world. f you would like to speak with a Wikimedia spokesperson in a specific region or language, please find more contact information below.
The Wikimedia Foundation Communications Department can also assist with connecting to local Wikimedia spokespeople in many languages and geographic regions. For assistance, please email email@example.com.
Please note, these organizations do not speak in an official capacity on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation.
See what we have been up to
Wikimedia Foundation launches Open the Knowledge Journalism Awards on World Press Freedom Day
The Wikimedia Foundation is launching the inaugural Open the Knowledge Journalism Awards. Coinciding with the 30th anniversary of World Press Freedom Day, this year’s awards celebrate the contributions of journalists in Africa who prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in their reporting.
First grants announced from the Wikimedia Endowment to support technical innovation across Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects
The Wikimedia Endowment, the long-term fund established in 2016 to support the future of Wikimedia sites, has announced its first recipients of grant funding. The initiatives that will receive grant funding include Abstract Wikipedia, Kiwix, Machine Learning, and Wikidata.
Help us unlock the world’s knowledge.
As a nonprofit, Wikipedia and our related free knowledge projects are powered primarily through donations.Donate now
Open the Knowledge Journalism Awards - press release
Nohat; Paullusmagnus; Wikimedia
Wikimedia Foundation; derivative work: Beao