For media inquiries about Wikipedia, Wikimedia, or the Wikimedia Foundation, please email us at email@example.com or call us +1 415-839-6885.
For media relations requests only. For all general, public inquiries, or other concerns, please use our contact page.
Public speaking requests
If you have a public speaking request for a Wikimedia spokesperson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the event and request.
Wikimedia facts and figures
- Wikipedia was started in 2001.
- Today, Wikipedia exists in nearly 300 languages across more than 58 million articles.
- Projects and programs made possible by the Wikimedia Foundation reach more than 1.8 billion devices a month
- More than 300,000 editors contribute to Wikipedia every month.
- Wikipedia is read more than 15 billion times every month. That means people reading Wikipedia about 6,000 times every second.
- Wikimedia sites are accessed by more than 1.8 billion unique devices every month.
- We don’t track unique visitors to Wikimedia sites because of our strong commitment to privacy.
- We do have information about the number of unique devices that access Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites.
Wikimedia Foundation and Wikipedia images
Regional Wikimedia press contacts
Wikimedia is a global free knowledge movement with contributors around the world. f you would like to speak with a Wikimedia spokesperson in a specific region or language, please find more contact information below.
The Wikimedia Foundation Communications Department can also assist with connecting to local Wikimedia spokespeople in many languages and geographic regions. For assistance, please email email@example.com.
Please note, these organizations do not speak in an official capacity on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation.
See what we have been up to
Making Wikipedia Safer: Enforcement Guidelines for Wikimedia Universal Code of Conduct provide a model for governing online behavior
21 March 2023 – The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, the nonprofit that operates Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects, has unanimously approved enforcement guidelines for the first-of-its kind Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). The code, which was developed hand in hand with more than 1500 Wikimedia project volunteers, outlines global standards for behavior….
SusunW is on a mission to write women into history with Wikipedia
Today, scientists can tell us with certainty that increased carbon dioxide emissions are warming the planet. But who was the first to discover this, and when did that happen? I’ll bet it’s earlier than you think. Meet Eunice Newton Foote: a 19th century American scientist, inventor, and women’s rights activist whose contributions to climate science….
Help us unlock the world’s knowledge.
As a nonprofit, Wikipedia and our related free knowledge projects are powered primarily through donations.Donate now
Nohat; Paullusmagnus; Wikimedia
Wikimedia Foundation; derivative work: Beao