|In other languages||English · العربية · български · Cymraeg · Deutsch · français · Bahasa Indonesia · Nederlands · Türkçe|
Matching Gifts are an easy way to double or even triple your donation to the Wikimedia Foundation. Many companies support employee philanthropy by offering matching gift programs. By taking advantage of your corporate matching gift program, you can maximize the value of your gift at no additional cost.
Thank you for supporting the Wikimedia Foundation!
Will your employer match your gift?
'The Matching Gift search linked above is provided by an external party. The Wikimedia Foundation does not have requirements or guidelines for employer matching gifts. All matching gift program guidelines are determined by each company for their individual program.
The Wikimedia Foundation can not initiate participation in any employer's matching gift program. If you do not see your company listed in the Matching Gift search (link above), please contact your Human Resources department to get the Wikimedia Foundation added to your company's list of approved charities.
If your company does not have a matching gift program in place, you can contact your Human Resources Department about starting one.'
Volunteer Hour Match
Many companies will match an employee's time spent volunteering with a financial gift to the nonprofit. Learn more about the Volunteer Hour Match program.
If you have questions regarding the Volunteer Hour Match program, please email matchingwikimedia.org
How does this program work?
Although programs may vary from company to company, the process is usually very simple:
- Confirm that your company has a matching gifts program and obtain the appropriate Matching Gifts Form from your employer. Matching gifts must be employee initiated. Wikimedia Foundation cannot request the match.
- Your company may already have Wikimedia Foundation in its database. Try looking us up by our United States Tax ID Number 20-0049703, with our mailing address: P.O. Box 98204, Washington, DC, 20090, or our email address 'matchingwikimedia.org'.
- Complete the form, either online or by paper, and send it to the Wikimedia Foundation at our mailing address:
- Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
- P.O. Box 98204
- Washington, DC 20090-8204 USA
- or email the form to matchingwikimedia.org
- The Wikimedia Foundation will verify your donation and send the form back to your company
- Your company will send a matching gift contribution to the Wikimedia Foundation
- Matching gifts should be directed to:
- Renee Bracey Sherman
- For your reference, our United States Tax ID is: 20-0049703
- Need a copy of our IRS Letter of Determination for 501(c)3 status? Click here.
- Renee Bracey Sherman