Recent Wikimedia blog posts
- VisualEditor gadgets: This post was written by two recipients of Individual Engagement Grants. These grants are awarded by the Wikimedia Foundation and aim to support Wikimedians in completing projects that benefit the...
Siko Bouterse, April 22, 2014
- Wikimedia engineering report, March 2014: Major news in March include: an overview of webfonts, and the advantages and challenges of using them on Wikimedia sites; a series of essays written by Google Code-in students who shared their impr...
Guillaume Paumier, April 18, 2014
- Luis Villa: “I wanted to be an Internet lawyer”: Around legal circles, the Wikimedia Foundation is often seen as a curiosity. With a fraction of the staff of other top ten websites, the Foundation arguably does more with less. The core of this co...
Carlos Monterrey, April 17, 2014
- Agile and Trello: The planning cycle: This blog series will focus on how the Wikipedia App Team uses Trello for their day to day, week to week, and sprint to sprint development cycle. In its early days, the Wikipedia App was an experim...
Tomasz Finc, April 15, 2014
- In memoriam of Cynthia Ashley-Nelson: Cynthia Ashley-Nelson Cynthia Ashley-Nelson passed away Friday, April 11th. She was attending the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin as an AffCom member, and on Thursday had participated on her first a...
Maria Sefidari, April 15, 2014
We need help
changing the world.
at the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation relies heavily on the generous support from our users. Please consider making a donation today, be it time or money.
The Wikimedia Foundation is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in the United States, and donations from US citizens are tax deductible. Donations made by citizens of other countries may also be tax deductible. Please see deductibility of donations for details. Please see our fundraising page for details of making donations via PayPal, MoneyBookers, postal mail or direct deposit. For all other types of donations, please contact us.
Reports and releases
The Annual Report
showcases the Wikimedia Foundation's 2012–13 accomplishments.
Check out the press room
for our press releases. Be sure to sign up
to receive reports and announcements by e-mail.
The Annual Plan documents the Foundation's 2013–14 financial plan, strategic targets, activities, and staffing overview.
The Strategic Plan
details the Wikimedia Foundation's targets and priorities through 2015.
The Wikimedia Foundation is proud to be one of the most transparent non-profit organizations in the world. For updates about our program activities and our Annual Report, see the other links on this page. Additionally, we provide the following information:
Wikimedia Foundation staff regularly participate in open office hours on IRC (an online chat system). Our fundraising work is public and community-driven as well. If you'd like to jump right in, visit the community fundraising landing page.